PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skytrans TMR Contracts
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2015, 19:11
Ned Gerblansky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capt. Claret. Certainly mate! Here are the oz lotto numbers!

36 24 38 2 6 20 21

They all represent ladies I have known. On the sadder side, Skytrans crew are out of jobs. Will Rex come in, or will the new QantaslinkStar (with all Q400s and half the personnel, and diminished working conditions) make any competitor's task impossible?

I know that it is possible for another party to make headway in FNQ, BUT you need the right aircraft and maintenance. Transtate airlines made $6,000,000 a year doing the gulf and Cape York, but never upgraded their fleet until they merged with a loss-making charter firm - and the upgrade was Metros! The San-Antone Sewer Pipe! In the tropics!!!!

My bet is on West-Wing (and I have had nothing to do with them), but if they can responsibly expand their B1900 fleet, and utilise good training (like in Witchita), they could cash-in. IMHO Rex would be a distaster for all concerned.

By the way, when I quote the "word on the street", I have knowledge - I know this is supposed to be a "rumour" network, but dis-information is as bad as mis-information. Pilots are not in the bullsh!t business.

And Cp Claret - when are we going to have the red wine frenzy? You're only up the hill from me, and you have my number. Anyhow, Cheers all! All the best for 2015, but I know to all you Skytrans staff that's like saying "Happy hysterectomy!!!!"

Ned