PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 30th Dec 2014, 22:43
Count of Monte Bisto

Received 104 Likes on 38 Posts
crHedBngr - whether you are an Airbus pilot or not is extremely important. It is a bit like having a discussion on a medical forum about the merits of forceps deliveries. I may have a view, but it is frankly not really worth a whole lot as I am a guy who will neither be the recipient of or participate in such a procedure. My point to you is this - fun and entertaining as conjecture like yours on a public forum may be, your comments will be read by many people who have no professional ability to process them meaningfully. If you are not an Airbus pilot, you yourself cannot really know the entire significance of your own comments. The problem is that many of those reading this will be family members who have just lost loved ones and are looking for answers, when in reality there are none right now. Like you, I too am keeping an open mind, but I am keeping my thoughts to myself for fear of saying something foolish or harmful to the aviation community or indeed to cause pain to those who are grieving. You will note that there are only a handful of Airbus pilots writing on here with any degree of conjecture, and that tells its own story. I have flown many thousands of hours in the A320 series, plus spent thousands of hours teaching and examining other pilots in the simulator - I would personally not say anything here because there really is not enough genuine knowledge yet to voice a credible opinion.