PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 29th Dec 2014, 09:33
Landflap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This event, naturally, attracting numerous posts and I apologise in advance for not reading all of the foregoing. Speculation and comments thereof remain classic Pprune Rumours and News and is pleasingly encouraged. My take is on Command Selection, Training and demonstrated ability. IF this was a weather related event, I would be disappointed with a crew's handling. Faced with a wall of severe weather, why not turn back ? If that was not an option, why not divert to another airfield a wait it out ? Ty and out-climb a CB is lunacy. I am astonished by one media commentator (retired Airline Capt) who claimed that, sometimes, there was no option but to secure the cabin, secure the crew, reduce speed and , not kidding, quote,........"just take it on the chin ".............!!!!!

OLASEK, post 341, Excellent.

OLBIE, can YOU tell us how modern technology has made the CC discussion obsolete ? I can imagine that modern technology simply will not permit flight at or around limits but don't know if that is what you are suggesting. Lovely old days we could do that and even exceed limits. It is what gave us grey hair at an early age and made us old but not bold pilots.