PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Contract Compliance going into week 3
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2014, 00:54
Shep69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
km--This is one reason I'll bet they're wishing they left the A day thing alone. The 'old' system was working just fine and use of A days as a 'bargaining chip' would hurt the company more than anyone else--didn't take long for this to demonstrate itself. We called the bluff and now they're hoping the respective AOA's will buy off on a new lousy deal; I only hope they'll stand their ground, not cave, and make sure ALL their members can commute from the new system--at least as well as on the old one. No need to accept or support a lousy deal. 12 hours unrestricted would be fine; 14 even better (avg A day callout far exceeds this). Straight reserve usually cuts availability in half to one-fourth for based crews compared to A days.

OK4--while several entities can't participate in formal CC, there's no need for them to make the individual decision to work above contract either. Based on the latest goings-on I wouldn't expect a lot of goodwill or going above and beyond to be happening on an individual level anywhere until this gets resolved. I'd LOVE to hear the discussion in a courtroom where someone tried to prove folks acting individually and working to contract but only to contract constituted some form of organized IA under any labour law anywhere. Would make a good Monty Python sketch.

Last edited by Shep69; 22nd Dec 2014 at 01:07.