PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2014, 21:07
thorn bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doncha just hate it when the keyboard gets all sticky from spilled coffee ferryman!!

A very good post my friend, astute, to the point and aggravates that nagging tickle in the spine when you just know something aint right.

Some one asked in a previous post would anyone employ DJ even without CAsA's witch hunt.

To my mind, "Why the hell wouldn't you?" He's displayed fortitude, courage and courage of his convictions, owned up to his errors, taken his punishment, and very much learned from his mistakes.

There is no doubt he has displayed more integrity than any one of his accusers, and to top it off he's a very competent pilot.

What has our so called safety watchdog learned from Pelair??
As some of the few people who have actually survived such a ditching one would have thought our "Safety" people would have been eager to debrief the crew with a focus on what worked, what didn't, what lessons could be learned, why life jackets didn't work? what the hell happened to the raft?

What was the regulators attitude?, "Your Nicked mate!! anything you say, can and will be used..etc and if we can't find anything to prosecute you with, you'll be handed over to that warm fluffy wabbit's tender mercies for "Administrative embuggerance".

That is perhaps the most infuriating thing about this whole debacle, there were and is valuable SAFETY lessons to be learnt and passed around the industry, all lost because the ego of one man with a long history of anger management issues determined to bully a weak unqualified bureaucrat into accepting his view.

I Agree Kharon, there is something not quite right. Hopefully the truth will prevail.

Couldn't have been the angry man was terrified a negative ATSB report on CAsA might have influenced chances at ICAO???...NA, course not, but as conspiracy theories go???

Last edited by thorn bird; 20th Dec 2014 at 22:53.