PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2014, 20:06
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Half Steam – Checked - On.

Sarcs - "I do however question both the credibility and integrity of the author (& the current executive team above him) as there is strong anecdotal evidence that this individual was heavily involved in collusion with the duck-up of the Pel-Air cover-up".
Amen.

The reasonable man, at the back of the room could be forgiven simultaneous howls of outrage and peels of laughter. It's that or heading down to the nearest bar and drinking the place dry. Allowing Dolan, Walsh or Sangston within a country mile of any 'investigation' into Pel-Air is like trapping a fox then throwing it back into the chook shed, to finish the job.

Sorry Sarcs – but Annexe 13 is an alien, malleable, moving feast to these doyens of 'professional' air safety administrators (date and issue irrelevant); rumour has it they use a soft white version of the Annexe, specially printed in long rolls in the executive 'rest rooms'.

It's a risible position to take, untenable and immoral. When (if) I recover some sang-froid, I'll do a twiddle based on a conversation between White, Sangston and perhaps throw Chambers into the mix; should provide the odd wry smile, if not outright chuckle. Right now, I remain concerned that the whole motley crew will escape censure, that the disgraceful deceit of all involved will be swept under that big, dusty old carpet and things will go along in the same old way; untroubled by concepts of justice, being responsible under law, retribution in law and any concept of honesty.

I wonder, can our erstwhile Senate committee be persuaded to find the time, energy and enthusiasm, to take the final step and put this anathema down; once and for all. They did half the job, in grand style. Another, short inquiry into the way the original was twisted and perverted, by whom, why and to who's benefit would restore Australian credibility and provide an instant change, for the better, throughout the industry.

To allow ATSB to investigate ATSB will destroy what small faith the public has in an accident report being fair, impartial, independent and honest. Further, CASA will know, with absolute certainty that they can get away with anything they choose; if they are allowed to escape, unscathed from one of the most abominable, disgusting perversions of an investigation into an air accident ever witnessed by the aviation world.

The industry cannot possibly function correctly and profitably with the spectre of Pel-Air putting fear in every cockpit, and disquiet in the minds of company investors. We need to be able to believe the facts, rely on evidence and most importantly, we need to be able to use the reports to develop strategy which will reduce the percentage chance of reoccurrence.

But, we cannot and dare not do that at the moment, can we Senators?

Selah.