PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2014, 04:37
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miniscule is in the office.

Bilbie - "Err,, how about "Aviation Enthusiasts Party" for the senate?"

How about joining Nick's mob...
It's time for politics, done differently.
Good Morning.
I wanted to personally write to you today to let you know about my plan to try and take federal politics in a new direction.
The last two weeks in Federal Parliament have been further proof of how toxic and gridlocked politics has become in our nation.
That's why I'm sticking my neck out to form the Nick Xenophon Team (NXT), a new national political movement that will run candidates in every state and territory at the next federal election.
NXT is all about politics, done differently.
The major parties have turned politics into an ideological arms race.
NXT is not about left or right, it is about right or wrong.
You have been of invaluable help to me in the past. I couldn't have gotten across the line without you.
Now I need your help to be part of a new, national, common-sense approach to solving the challenges our country faces.
I would encourage you to be a part of this by becoming a founding supporter member of NXT.
If you have friends or family that may be interested in being part of this, please also let them know.
If they live interstate that’s even better, because the plan is to take NXT national.
This is our chance to build a team that will bring some balance, civility and common-sense back to Australian politics.
With best wishes

Become a founding member of NXT
When you become a founding supporter member of NXT you will be a part of a new, centrist, common-sense voice in Australian politics.
Your membership fee will help fund the day-to-day operation of NXT and ensure we have the resources to make a real difference.
You will also receive regular updates on key issues and have the opportunity to provide feedback on our policies and direction at member forums.

Annual membership fees are $50 per person, or $75 per couple. Concession holder fees are $25 per person, or $37.50 per couple.

And to thank you for your past support, we'll also extend your membership period for an extra 12 months, with our compliments.

To become a Supporter Member, click here.

And Nick's current feelings on the gov't response to the ASRR etc. - Aviation safety failure :

"...Senator Xenophon said the Government was yet to act on the findings of the Senate report, and criticised the Aviation Safety Regulation Review report, launched last November and completed in June, as “a missed opportunity for reform"...”

While on the rare subject of politics & aviation it would appear the Miniscule has briefly made an appearance back in Cantberra...:
New Aviation Industry Consultative Council takes flight

Media Release
WT257/2014
10 December 2014

Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Infrastructure and Regional Development Warren Truss has established the Aviation Industry Consultative Council—providing the aviation sector with a direct voice to the Minister and the Australian Government.

Chairing the first meeting in Canberra today, Mr Truss said the Council is dedicated to aviation matters and will be a valuable forum for discussion between the industry and Government.

“Aviation is central to the Australian economy—from domestic and international tourism, to business and work-related travel, family reunions and medical emergencies; so the Australian Government is committed to ensuring aviation's many voices are heard,” Mr Truss said.

“Our government has already initiated and responded to the landmark Aviation Safety Regulation Review, we have reformed the Qantas Sale Act, abolished the carbon tax on aviation fuel, revived the Enroute Charges Payment Scheme and ended half-a-century of dithering by locking-in Badgerys Creek as the site for a dedicated Western Sydney airport.

“But there is more to do in this ‘aero-space’ and we welcome ideas and insights from industry. The Council will act as an advisory body tackling high level strategic issues, but it is not a decision-making entity.

“The Council is made up of 18 members from across the aviation sector (see ‘Attachment A’ below), providing a broad range of perspectives, including representatives from airlines, airports, manufacturing, maintenance and flight training sectors.”

At today's inaugural Council meeting, members highlighted issues of concern to the industry, notably opportunities to reduce regulatory burdens, challenges in regional aviation, the need to revitalise the General Aviation Industry Action Agenda, aviation workforce skills and implementation of the Government's response to the Aviation Safety Regulation Review Report.

These will be considered further as part of the future work program for the Council.
Mr Truss also introduced the newly appointed Director of Aviation Safety, Air Vice-Marshal (Ret'd) Mark Skidmore AM, to the Council. The Council will meet twice a year, or as required, and will complement other industry forums, not compete with them.
“I am pleased to be Chairing this new Aviation Industry Consultative Council and working side-by-side with industry to build a better future for Australian aviation,” Mr Truss said.

Attachment A
Aviation Industry Consultative Council membership

Mr Stephen Goodwin* - National Chairman - Australian Airports Association
Mr Jim Davis - Chairman - Regional Aviation Association of Australia
Mr Martin Laverty - CEO - Royal Flying Doctor Service
Mr Alan Joyce* - CEO - Qantas
Mr Michael Monck - President - Recreational Aircraft Australia
Mr John Borghetti* - CEO - Virgin Australia
Mr David Boundy - Chairman - Aerial Agricultural Association of Australia
Mr Mike Close - President - Air Sport Australia Confederation
Mr Barry Abrams - Executive Director - Board of Airline Representatives of Australia
Mr Ken Cannane - Executive Director - Aviation Maintenance Repair and Overhaul Business Association
Mr Philip Reiss - Director - Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association of Australia
Mr Peter Pallot - CEO - Sunshine Coast Airport
Mr John Patterson - Executive Director - Australian Mayoral Aviation Council
Mr Tony Brand - Director - Horsham Aviation Services
Mr Pine Pienaar - CEO - Flight Training Adelaide
Mr Allan Brooks* - President - Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association of Australia
Ms Marj Davis OAM* - Immediate Past Pres. - Royal Federation of Aero Clubs of Australia
Mr Darryl Taylor* - Managing Director - Tasmanian Helicopters

Not present at the first meeting. Mr Joyce, Mr Borghetti and Mr Goodwin nominated alternative representatives who took part in the meeting.
While your there Miniscule how about putting Beaker out of his misery...

MTF...

Last edited by Sarcs; 10th Dec 2014 at 04:48.