PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Autumn 2014
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2014, 19:58
galwaypilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet2 Autumn 2014

Guys all well and good. And all points made above are valid.

Jet2 isn't a rubbish airline to work for. Where I gained with the Jet2 contract I lost something else e.g 5/4 roster and a free commute. But no where is perfect. I believe the perfect airline is where you as an individual finds yourself based where you want and you're happy. Albeit on a 737 or an ATR etc.

Any airline for example FR, Jet2, BA etc all have their pluses and minuses. I Believe the next 5 years and especially the next 10. You're going to see a huge transformation in the European market. Leaded by FR and EZY etc. Ryanair seems to be pumping a mass volume of money into data collection and really getting into the minds of their potential consumers and shaping the company to facilitate their needs. This will include package holidays in the future and that combined with a new customer image and by then new planes and a sharp and comfortable interior with hundreds of destinations to choose from, I really think Jet2 & co should really stand up and take notice. Ryanair will be competing directly with Jet2 and TUI etc but with a much lower cost base.
At least TUI recognise this some what and have made an order on new aircraft. My concerns for Jet2 is that the company' mentality is too reactive to stand a chance against a machine like FR. I do accept Jet2 have a great brand and an awareness to it's customers for the most part. I feel jet2 needs to do what FR and Flybe are doing right now. Which is accepting who they are and forget what they think they are and work from there to streamline their imagine.

The fleet, management attitude, management structuring ( lots more chiefs then Indians!), Operational decision making, operational costs, crewing and rostering all need to be rejigged. If they can't be honest with themselves. How can they be honest with their staff and customers?

Last edited by galwaypilot; 3rd Dec 2014 at 00:52.