PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2014, 10:42
Soteria

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A whole lot of fobbing going down!!

Just for the record.
Concerns re the way LAHSO had been reinvented were expressed to management for all the good that did!
If you boys have got any documented evidence of that, whether it be diary notes, emails or meeting minutes I would suggest getting these into the hands of the only person who seems to be capable of detecting aviation safety risk and non compliances - Senator Xeonophon
Sarcs, two highly amusing yet downright concerning videos. In regards to the Staib video (the reddening neck and flushed cheek are a big giveaway), it would seem that for her generous $600k package (a little less than Russell's) she really doesn't have a handle on what's going on around her. It is even more alarming that some leftover 'Russellites' are still up to shenanigans within the not quite defunct 'Russell Airservices Club', and filtering information or withholding it from her Sounds like ASA have their own version of a CASA style Golden West Mafia! (GWM)
Unfortunately for the Hooded one he didn't come out smelling of roses neither. Some very serious questions need to be asked as to why he as the accountable manager was also kept in the dark over a very serious safety issue regarding the 20kn/5kn issue? To be fair to Hoody the issue commenced prior to his tenure commencing, however I find it highly unlikely that he only became aware of the issue on Nov 4 after Australia's only 'Safety Politician' Sen X, wrote to 'she who has a flushed neck'. Me thinks I can detect the familiar smell of pony poo. And I am sure the Senators are eager to know exactly how many aircraft landed in conditions outside of the AIP? Tsk tsk. Careful how you answer Hoody as I see the potential for an even bigger pineapple to be inserted up your LAHSO! I wonder if the FAA will also want to see Hoody's data, to see how many US carriers were allowed to land in unsafe conditions?? And surely ICAO can no longer turn a blind eye to the serious issues down under, surely?

So just when we thought that nobody could foster a worse unsafe aviation environment than CASA, ASA throw their hand back into the race to be first to the bottom
Oh well, it's all great viewing and a lot of fun for the armchair critic, however this will remain a circus. Even with the respectable intent of the Senators, this will end up nowhere unless the Senators snag additional political muscle, or a Royal Commission into Australian aviation is called.