PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2014, 20:44
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, but.

CP "[merely] reminds us that their strong personal opinions rarely get in the way of base political interests.
Agree, but Pollies can (so it's rumoured) be influenced and influence: it's a game they play, selling and buying the stuff. #1 "Your new road, will need some help to get the money" (statement of fact). - "Well, my project, supporting land rights for gay whales, is stalled and could do with a push from your department". #2, "Look, lets have a chat, over there where it's quiet; what'll you have, wine?". And so it goes – 'numbers' also seem to matter, in the desperate search for 'popularity' and the need to retain a 'seat' (rather than get a real job), numbers are constantly worked, reworked and massaged.

I doubt the minuscule and his sore 'tummy' worry too much about Pprune numbers as they are not 'Qld mug voters'; but they do represent both domestic and, thanks to some assistance, international interest in matters aeronautical. For example:-

The closed Senate thread has attracted some 7000 reads this month: the current thread sits at 624, 053 (on my screen). That is (combined) about 1,220,000 'views', the current thread has peaked a little this month with some 74,250 'reads'. The Truss thread has also had some interest shown, with nearly 26,300 'reads' this month. (rough numbers from Pprune counter). I believe the Senate could, at a pinch call that continuing, albeit tacit, support for their united efforts. They way I'd read that is CASA 0 – IOS 1,430,000.

But, as you say, they don't vote so it's a bust; but in the small world of aviation; influence and opinion, they matter. Who knows what will matter in the end? Not I, and that's for certain sure.

Right then, best crack on with my knitting and find some patience and fortitude to watch and listen (double whammy) to Ms Staib as she once again, dazzles the impotent Senators with sparkling wit, stunning rhetoric, unassailable logic and; Umm, impeccable argument.....

Toot.. toot...

On edit: Just had a PM from Sarcs, who defines the readers as follows:-

IOS – Ills of Society.
WOIS – Women's Ills of Society.
WWIOS – World Wide Ills of Society.
SSIOS – Sound Senators Ills of Society.

MTF....

Last edited by Kharon; 27th Nov 2014 at 21:20. Reason: PM worth sharing