PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - smoke hood work as they supposed to.... maybe not...
Old 25th Nov 2014, 14:37
givemewings

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Flap, that's interesting. The CC certainly never saw that email.

They were told as per the start that the issue was faulty PBE- the recent ACI given even says so, with additional information provided on how to spot potentially expired PBE- (interestingly, very similar info that I had suggested be included in the training years ago)- would be very interested to know exactly what was said in this email....

PM if you prefer...

Neptune, I find your generalisations disturbing. As someone who has worked for near a half dozen airlines, including one known as the world's safest, I can tell you that idiots are idiots, wherever they may be, and whoever trains them. The same goes for the competent ones. Even when given sub-par instruction or training, they still perform to the required (higher) standard.

I can tell you that the airline we are talking about is not the only one to possess both (in both ends of the plane, I am sure!)

first person off the airplane was a Grade 2.

How do you know that? Photo please? How do you know they were not an A (assist) position crew doing as drill dictates and exiting to assist pax off the slide? Please do let me know how many cabin crew evacuation trainings you have completed and I may take you more seriously (note: cockpit crew evac does not count since the focus is not on the cabin and assigned duties for each cabin jumpseat)