PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Threats to flight safety
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2014, 14:08
SuzieWong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My college can say it much better than me.
It looks like "The Queen of the Desert" will bring down the DG with her ridiculous mirrored dancing room. Let's hope she gets dragged down too.
He may not have been everybody's favourite but at least he tried to progress CAD as one of the few Government Departments that was moving with a rapidly expanding industry.
His problem was the absolutely archaic bureaucracy that the Government operates under but at the same time the Bureau expects Departments to "get creative" when it comes to providing their services within guidelines which are more like a hangover from 1850's British Army regulations.
Well, he got creative, built a new HQ that did all the myriad of things the Bureau expected it to, but unfortunately the engineers bought a Sham Shui Po Special radar system to put in it.
What they actually got was like a 3rd time hand-me-down pair of old shoes from the 1990s, tarted up a bit with some coloured laces and some new polish. But with holes in the bottom. And nobody knows how they're constructed. Great.
Yes, the buck should stop with DG but if you think things are bad now, wait til we return to the dark ages once the dust settles. Better drag out the carbon paper and pencil sharpeners.