PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V22 Osprey discussion thread Mk II
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2014, 20:21
FH1100 Pilot

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
jeffg:
Nice try, FH, but you really know very little about military rotary wing aircraft and how they're flown. You certainly know nothing of the V-22 (that's obvious). Instead of listing your blog site maybe you should spend a little more time actually learning about these crazy contraptions. Just a thought, mm'kay?

AAAHAHAHAHAH! Hoo-man, using my own words against me! HAHAHAH- :::slaps knee:::HOHOHOHO. So funny! So clever! So original!

I mean, not.

Jeff, seriously, you've got to stop this neurotic following of me around and commenting on *every* post I make with your incessant contradicting and insulting posts of your own. It's weird, dude. It's making you look...I dunno...obsessed. Are you, like, stalking me or something? Do you have a thing for me? (You *are* an EMS pilot, right?) Because I gotta tell you (and I should probably do this in a private message), I'm just not into you, bud.

Now, to the matter at hand - the landing of the three Ospreys in Australia:

We all know by now that Ospreys make a huge downwash, right? We know this; it is not news. It was dramatically proved to us back in 2010 when the Marines landed their Osprey in that park in Staten Island, N.Y. Remember? Nobody stopped to think, "Heyyyyy, this thing puts out quite a bit of downwash! Maybe we shouldn't go into that...naaaaahh, fire it up- let's go!" Subsequently, it was like a scene from that movie, "Twister." Young children, pregnant mothers, and babies in strollers were strewn like so many Texas tumbleweeds; vehicles from Smart cars to city buses were scattered and flipped like toys, stripped of all paint, windows sandblasted opaque.

"Mommy...make it stop!!!"

You'd think the Marines would've learned from that. But no. Somebody got the great idea to put three Ospreys into a little dirt field in Brisbane. Hilarity ensued. We're just fortunate I guess...maybe it was the grace of God (yes atheists, grace of God) that there wasn't a fatal accident on that highway. But hey, what are a few dead Australians when it comes to the needs of the mighty U.S. military! Am I right?

But don't listen to me, I don't know nuthin' about military aircraft.