PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA spends millions chasing Milton Jones aviation business
Old 7th Nov 2014, 10:34
jas24zzk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yr right

There are exemptions to fixed wing ops below 500' as per CAR 157 1(b). I'll list them for you shortly, to save you looking them up.

I have not seen any regulation that permits the things you propose as a blanket exemption from the regs...ANYWHERE.

Maybe you should call back the person who rang you and said you were correct and ask for the legislative references, so you can post them here to qualify your statements.. If you can post the references, then quite a few of us will happily eat humble pie.

The 3 exemptions I can think of, are all ratings that require extra training.

Aerial Mustering
Aerial Spraying (ag ops)
Aerial Firefighting.

Not withstanding, approach and take off within the course of normal operations.

Relying on a phone call? that has ants on it....its the same as CASA telling you that you cannot operate an aircraft in Australia without an ASIC...its posted on their website so the FOI's will tell you that is true. A lil thought tells you, the statement is a LIE!. Even deeper looking will tell you that you can operate without an ASIC OR an AVID! And I can provide the reference for that

Back it up with the references or admit you might have made an incorrect reading of the rules

Without a Reference, its merely considered your delusion.

Enjoy

Jas