PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Planned Media Release re CASA Misinformation
Old 4th Nov 2014, 19:54
Creampuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm no longer sure what the agenda is here.
Always best to presume that, in Australia at least, the agenda is always more about politics, industrial relations or other sectional interests, dressed up as concerns about safety. It's exactly what's happening now with pilot CVD and a section of the medical and regulatory industry that's evolved to make a comfortable living out of scaring punters about non-issues.

Dick and triadic: I notice you've not bothered to answer my question whether you were suggesting VFR pilots are not obliged to have access to ERC(L).

I'll ask my question a different way: What would your advice be to VFR pilots who want to work out whether they are allowed to conduct the following flights:

A VFR jolly from William Creek DCT Prominent Hill DCT Coober Pedy DCT William Creek.

A VFR jolly with a leg Warren DCT Bourke.

A VFR jolly with a leg Parkes DCT Narromine.

(From my limited but first-hand experience, the ERC(L) is essential to working out whether, and if so when and at what altitudes, those jollies can be conducted.)

When a VFR pilot undergoing a flight review is given a diversion, to C, half way along a leg A to B, and all of A, B and C are outside the coverage of VTCs and VNCs, how does the pilot work out how to get to C in accordance with the rules? Any Romeo or Danger areas along the way? What are the hours of activation and altitudes? What if the pilot considers it would be prudent to obtain a TAF and NOTAMs for C?

(From my limited but first-hand experience, instructors will expect the candidate to check the ERC(L) to find out whether there are any airspace obstacles to getting to C, and to obtain a TAF and NOTAMs if the pilot doesn't already have access to them.)

But you're the experts.

Last edited by Creampuff; 4th Nov 2014 at 21:54.