PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2014, 19:56
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beaker raises, Truss folds.

Addendum - Albo's cost cutting back to bite.
Certainly supports the rumour that Albo was persuaded that a big R regulator would lead the way to fortune and glory – he got conned, again.

Now Beaker – HERE - wants us to believe that "200 years of experience" has been allowed to toddle off, due lack of funding? – Bollocks. Maybe a couple of retirements, but I'd bet the 'talent' has simply had a guts full and walked. The inflated salaries of the top three 'administrators' alone would fund training a few investigators, there's a saving. Why there is a need for the 'corporate' services levels of staffing is beyond me – except as an empire; which may explain the shortage or need of 'trained men' puzzle.

Or, is this now part of a planned move to have the ATSB subsumed into the CASA juggernaught, where the pre determined results can be more properly managed. If that is the case then we can dispense entirely with independent trained investigators and hand the tasks over to any of the 440 'corporate services' aviation experts at CASA. Cut out the middle man, as it were and eradicate those embarrassing Safety Recommendations, Senate questions and external audit.

Who needs two Safety organisations anyway?, it's confusing.

Who needs independent analysis of accidents and incidents?, particularly from a crowd who made a fearful hash of a simple ditching.

What need have we of accident investigation at all? – when, according to CASA-speak we have such a safe, world class rule set which prevents all but the wilful, deliberate, criminal actions of pilots and engineers involved in the accident. More lawyers and prosecution is required, not investigation, accurate reporting or education from experience. Waste of good money. Australia has the finest safety record in the world, don't it?; no need to examine the very few 'minor' incidents we have – no Siree...

Of course it could just be the dreadful Beaker, jiggling, wringing his hands, whining and snivelling his way into the government purse. After all is said and done, and beyond all Reason he does believe that the Pel Air style of reporting is a thing we need more of; and, of course he deserves a raise for doing such a mighty job on 'aberrations'.

Gods know what the world makes of this shambles; but all will be well. Beaker has had a word with the CASA tea lady and she has agreed to write the MH 370 report during her Christmas holidays, that'll save a few bucks and maybe even provide the answers. That combined with the full support of the ATSB and CASA top management, should satisfy the international press and not disturb the long lunch crowd.

Yes, boys and girls, it's all beyond reason, beyond the pale even and reaches the dizzy limits of total rule by the regulator. Would you buy a used car from this crew, trust them with your pocket money or even let them know you had sweeties in your pocket? then see Beaker for change, in threes, from a nine dollar note.

Toot toot.

"For the foreseeable future, we will be able to undertake fewer investigations and we will need to carefully consider and constrain the scope of investigations initiated. Our capacity for industry engagement will be limited and the timeliness of the completion of some of the investigations currently under way will be an ongoing challenge.".....
Oh what a tangled web we weave
When first we practice to deceive. - Sir Walter Scott (Marmion, 1808).
One indulgence, just for Nkosi.
Richard: - "And thus I clothe my naked villany
With odd old ends stol'n out of holy writ,
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil."
Richard III.

Last edited by Kharon; 3rd Nov 2014 at 20:54. Reason: Why can you never find a Barnaby – when you need one?