PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 12
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2014, 02:59
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Winnerhofer
In my 42 year career as first a fighter pilot, than an airline pilot, and then a corporate pilot I encountered multiple airspeed indicator problems.
Er....

Winnerhofer/Join Date: Oct 2013/Location: Wengen/Age: 44/Posts: 281
I feel fairly certain that I'd probably have read about someone selected to fly fighters in the Schweizer Luftwaffe at the age of two. Either your profile age is dodgy, or there's something else fishy going on...

A computer did not cause this accident- the copilot did...
While I agree that this accident relates more to human factors than technology (despite conceding that there were contributory technological factors), the above point is simply not accurate. As with all aviation accidents there was a complex chain of events involved, and seeking to determine "blame" gets us nowhere.

Basic CRM doctrine says that the crew were supposed to act as a team - working together to solve problems, and they did not. AF - aware that their A330 fleet used Thales AA probes - were supposed to pass relevant info regarding UAS procedures to their crews and they did not. Airbus may have dropped a failsafe point on THS movement between the A320 and A330 design. The only important question is why.