PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cabin Crew to Cockpit Crew
Old 28th Oct 2014, 22:15
Genghis the Engineer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by dukes
Hi all,

Currently CX Cabin Crew and really want to pursue a childhood dream of becoming a pilot. I'm outport based and have no HKG ID, flying hours/experience. What I do have is a degree and a passion, which apparently, are the minimum requirements for CX.
It's a start - good luck.

First Question: Anyone know the Pilot Centre at Denham in London... I want to get a few lessons under my belt: anyone used this place, recommend any instructors etc?
Yes, I did my instructors course there. Nice people, reasonably well looked after aeroplanes, superb cafe next door, generally enthusiastic and able instructors, with a sensible Chief Instructor. Whilst the instructor-instructor I did my course with has moved on, and I don't fly from it regularly myself, basically yes, it's a good spot and I'd not talk you out of doing some training there.

Secondly... Third
Sorry, can't help.

Finally: Should I be successful for interview, I'd like to prepare myself and would be grateful if anyone could recommend any journals/forums/books that I can catch up on to put me in good standing with CX...

Sorry for the long boring thread and well done for getting up to this part...

Dukes
I like this book as a good intro to CPL / ATPL theory...

Amazon Amazon

I'd also suggest that if you get some lessons in, get a good (ideally copy of the official) manual for the aeroplane you did some lessons in, and learn your way through that.

There are various "ace the professional pilot interview" books out there worth looking up. Have a look at this page for some - there might be something that suits your purposes.

http://www.transair.co.uk/pp+Airline-Interviews+491