PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Offshore Operations (HOFO) - CRD 2013-10
Old 28th Oct 2014, 21:32
Pi1ot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Tomcat01

In general it is very quiet on this forum regarding NPAs and CRDs. I'm not sure why, but the documents are often complex and demanding to understand for the public.

However there have been several important and significant rulemakings lately which will affect the industry and the people in it significantly. The CRD you are asking for is together with EC1008/2008 the most significant and controversial change I know of so far. It will replace all of the current national OPS regulation, including the requirement to hold an AOC in the actual state you are operating. How this will affect the industry is unknown, but it will sideline national safety efforts like CAP 1145, the current ongoing UK safety study, and national safety steering groups. If the regulation is implemented as proposed in the CRD, operators from any EU state will be able to operate on the UK continental shelf with no supervision or oversight from the UK CAA.

I don't know what the common opinion is, but I am surprised the NPA/CRD had very few comments from the affected community and that it has gotten no attention on this forum.