PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2014, 20:54
cvg2iln

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why are you getting so hot & bothered about feedback
Because the poster really does want the job.

The pre-selection booklet informed that it was much better (for the RAF, presumably) that candidates had no idea of the content of the procedure.
No doubt. Think it through for a minute. They would say that wouldn't they?

I was told by a soooper bod with handlebar moustache that the tests revealed that I was unlikely to succeed in aircrew training WITHIN THE TIME SPECIFIED.
You entered the RAF selection machine as raw meat and exited as chopped hamburger. The soooper bod with whiskers didn't have a clue - but he did conform to the required paradigm. Extra bushy was it?

As a CX candidate myself, I turned in a phenomenal flight test (tristar)
The L1011 was easy to fly, so flying it well isn't difficult. I also did well.

Interviewed CX in 1990 - said 'no thanks' ( HK - you must be joking) . The esteemed Australian person on the interview board was almost up to par ( he however didn't wink) although the not particularly manly Brit squadron leader was a constant irritant. (Would have winked if he was up to it but he couldn't pull a wink out of his bag(s) - the poor dear.)

Bottom line: do your homework and like all successful applicants pretend to be want the employer wants and comply with the immutable template.

Do not be yourself: be what you need to be for the job.

It's a game. Who and what you really are can emerge once employment is secured with the first paycheck happily deposited in the bank.