PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas cook b757 incident, what a total mess
Old 25th Oct 2014, 15:25
IcePack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting discussion. Sometimes things happen & the aircraft runs away with you & quick thinking is required. Sometimes brain is too slow. I always found automatic ap engaged go arounds in the 75 were a dream manual ones you needed to be aware of early alt cap.
Airbus things are different I've had ap engaged go arounds try & stall the aircraft taking it into VLS especially on those without global speed protection. Had them try & over speed the flaps. Ie accelerating faster than the flaps can run. But manual go arounds are a little easier as you can vary the pitch.
But the BIG caveat in all cases click click FD off and fly the B'dy aeroplane works even if you are a little slow in doing so & may get a small level bust.
I have sympathy for this crew as sometimes aircraft do something you don't expect usually your fault but the human brain can only process things at a given rate & dumps stuff IT thinks it doesn't need. First to go is hearing for instance.
So as others have said. Their are those who have & those who will.
(Mind you some have the ability to blank out their past errors & deny they ever made a mistake)