PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2014, 01:00
Dihedral1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kap

What fleet are you looking at?
A search of this thread will tell you the 321 fleet is hard work.
Don't get me wrong, things happen here in slow time, so if you need a job, there is one waiting for you.
My forecast is based on CEO statements and what happened at Vinashin, which everyone saw like a slow moving train wreck, but because they were all feeding at the trough, nothing was done until they defaulted on a $600M USD bond payment on $6B USD of debt and wrecked the countries credit rating.
Some argument could be made for replacing older wide bodies with newer aircraft, but these orders were made before the advent of VietJet and the likes of Emirates etc showed up.
The game is rapidly changing!
Vietjet is compressing margins in the domestic arena and now on the regional front and The ME carries are taking the premium traffic to Europe. AirAsia is now offering transit flights within their and AirAsia Xs network, so outbound traffic from Vietanm (Vietnamese consumers are quick learners, and recognize value for money and/or good service) is not the sole domain of VNA anymore, inbound traffic have many choices and VNA doesn't do themselves any favors when they send 777s to Frankfurt, with paint peeling off the a/c, the IFE INOP and half the business class seats not working properly (hey Luke Toddler, jump in at anytime if I am incorrect).
Hopefully the talk of ANA becoming a Strategic investor will materialize. Vietnam is blessed with amazing people, great weather, fantastic food, stunning geography, if the airline could employ the service levels of Singapore Airlines, the efficiency of the Japanese and treat it as a proper business instead of their nepotistic feeding ground, there be no stopping them...