PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Accomodation Fines
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2014, 06:52
bigjet77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had a reply from a senior manager to say its being looked into.A few years ago there was an email floating around saying anyone who had an old shed from pre-permission days could keep it, with new sheds requiring permission. Just attempting to get a copy of it. There is no paper trail for not needing permission as there was no DSO HQ and hence no real rules. Certainly there was no mention anywhere of needing permission for a stand alone shed. Mine sticks up 18 inches above a front wall sloping to zero in 6 feet! That is their issue I think. I volunteered to move the roof line 4 years ago and again heard nothing.

I stress that this is not Emirates driving the fines or punishment of any description. It is DSOA but sadly the accomodation department have very very poor management and communication methods and seem to think they control my salary. That is what is the major issue.
Had I needed permission to build I would have got it. You are also correct in stating that the house will be put back to original condition when I move so whats the issue anyway???