PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2014, 18:26
NorthSouth

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Well they've explicitly stated that the loans are at market rates so I can't imagine they're going to lay themselves open to EU legal action.

R12-30 in EDI is kept in an 'operational' condition to satisfy the night mail and freight flights (a condition of the contract between Royal Mail and EDI), much to GIPs frustration
Yeah but when do they use 12/30? Never, except when 06/24's closed, because actually although 12/30 is technically open, it's permanently NOTAMed closed. I suspect this is just a hangover from the days when Viscounts and Electras were the mainstream of the Royal Mail and Parcelforce contracts and used 12 for departure (in particular) all the time. So, returning to this thread, I can't see an Edinburgh excision of that clause in the contract leading to Royal Mail/Parcelforce moving to Prestwick.

As to whether there's a business plan, I don't think you should assume that because you haven't seen one, there isn't one. Nor that the existence of a business plan means Prestwick's future is any more certain!

NS