PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bankstown Airport – Desperately Sad
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2014, 05:35
Clare Prop

Received 223 Likes on 100 Posts
Last legal battle I fought with them cost me a fortune, even though I won. (lease assignment that they tried to block)

Last time I went to discuss leasing issues with them face to face left me very shaken, I am a toughie but some threats are enough to keep you awake at night.

So we are at an impasse; and to me, being ignored is preferable to those threats being carried out. The only slight win is that I have been able to use this as a lever to stop them putting my rent up for a while. They can't say my lease is comparable to the lease next door when they are bone dry and I am under water.

There is no organisation that represents people like me, one man bands that are just trying to make an honest dollar and succeeding, albeit under water for most of the winter. The local Chamber of Commerce just want to talk about the Master Plan and issues that affect everyone rather than individuals.

I'm too sick of all this to bother with a David and Goliath issue. So I'll just have to put up with all the water pouring in from the car park and the lease next door.

All the fighting to preserve the bush around the airport only to have it converted into a prairie of tilt up hideousness and massive traffic jams with a stroke of Peter Garrett's pen was enough for me.