PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2014, 22:15
G-AWZK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since Ryanair have moved half their business up to GLA, I believe about 20-25 people have taken voluntary redundancy. The single flight a day during the winter isn't going to pay to keep the terminal heated. I can only guess that Ryanair want to keep PIK sweet for the free winter parking of half their fleet and the dirt cheap rent they pay for their engineering hangars.

I hear that another business offered to start up at PIK and was rejected by the management. Desperately short sighted decision if that is the case. Hope BA have more ad hoc work for the Polar hangar because at this rate there will be some uncomfortable questions about how taxpayers money is being chucked down a black hole with some questionable commercial understanding and decisions from those in charge.

I have heard some rumblings about dc-9s wide body operation, but I am told it is at a very early stage. Only heard it third hand so no idea if it is chinese whispers or not...possibly 767s or 330s? Zoom used to do good business out of PIK with 767s so maybe not too far from the mark??