PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2014, 20:52
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disinformation minefield. A good read.

Soteria - "It's time for you to go bye byes, please. And one other thing - take Boyd, Campbell, Ferrit-a-day, Gibson and Wodger with you and please don't bang the door on the way out, ok?
What a way to start the day watching that crew being run out town on a rail, Sot, you omitted a few from the IOS hit-list, such as W2 and a couple from the AWI team; but, I hear the AFP are actively interested in some matters. Perhaps it's all going to get 'interesting'.

Jinglie "[And} an interesting anecdote, was Sleepy actually interviewed for his Deputy job or just appointed by his mate Herr Screamer??
Asked a couple of the BRB about that – seems old mate wanted to stay over in the West and play in his sand pit with the rest of his 'mates', but McComic 'persuaded' him to return to the East. This was the radical McComic philosophy which was to release those permanently assigned to pencil sharpening duties, by more reasonable men to 'active' duty. The classic statement being along the lines of "well, if they have annoyed the industry that badly, they must be doing their jobs properly". And so it came to pass that the GWM was formed and the creatures from the dark forest were released to become part of the 'like minded' crew which would perform their antics to satisfy their masters every whim. MM's hand picked selection of their master was, despite howls of protest from more honourable, qualified folk supported by Albo – who signed the infamous Big R carte blanche. Unlike Pandora, who at least could claim ignorance as a defence, Albo knew exactly what he was unleashing. The rest as they say – history and Hansard.

Sunny – "By my way of thinking, it is not a good idea for CASA management to assume that the Government will continue to put up with their antics."
Gee whiz Sunny – I'd like to think so, the inclusion of Bob Baldwin at RAAA lends some valid support for the argument, the rumours related to the next estimates, if true, may prove 'interesting'. It's passing strange, nearly every minister and department seem to be really trying to genuinely get things moving – or so the rhetoric suggests; but, as you quite rightly pointed out (way back) should the government decide to make an example of one department, to pull the rest into gear, CASA would be the perfect place to start. We can only hope.

Sarcs – "Or you could refer to the following leaked response to the DP from the former CAsA boss Mick Toller."
I never minded Mick Toller too much, sure he was hard headed and the title Ayatollah was used more in jest than in anger, he was at least fair minded and sane. I doubt he, like Byron would have allowed the current AF mess to develop. As he says in the Angel flight debate – it's a bollocks. The whole thing has been generated by a department desperately seeking a way to reassert their relevance to aviation by picking on yet another soft target. You have admire their determination to bully and subjugate the minority groups as an example to the larger, Tiger, CVD, Angel flight etc. Disgusting creatures.

Sarcs – "Some may say this is typical of government (past & present) obvious dis-interest in all things aviation but on a quick perusal of Bob Baldwin's CV it is quite obvious this man is not a light weight in political circles, the man is a doer rather". etc.
This kind of supports the Sunny assertions that an example will be made, but it's also supporting the rumour that the minuscule has been reduced to a Qld election bulwark. Only allowed, under strict adult supervision to make speeches at tennis courts and pat small children. The general dismay at the complete lack of action – on any matter within his portfolio – is starting to raise some very smart eyebrows, the WTF is he doing question becoming a daily mantra – the answer is of course – 'Sod all'.

Sarcs – thanks for the Hitch link – interesting. Why I am not surprised at the CASA signed confession, that a CP is only valued at AUD $35 ph, or that they have no clue about the impact their Frankenstein has on the cost of doing business with CASA. I believe part of their remit is to do a cost/benefit analysis (impact) of new regulation. The Muppets supporting Part 61 certainly did no such thing, and now they want 'us' to analyse the ducking thing and report back. How flaming condescending, arrogant, ignorant of them and how very obliging of us to once again, unquestioningly, to do their bidding (and work) at our expense.

I will only join the Creampuff Laborial Aviation Party (CLAP) if pink bunny suits are made mandatory (strict liability – no option); what a hoot – bet they never saw a sight like that – in daylight at least - coming up the drive to parliament house..Led by the R&R ute, with the hand painted signs and VH- F#c^D flying overhead. ...

Toot toot.

Last edited by Kharon; 17th Oct 2014 at 21:01. Reason: And sometimes - I just sits.