PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF to use JQ A320s to Fortescue mines
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2014, 11:40
Compylot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seems to me that this may be just an absolute stroke of genius by Jetstar..

Jetstar Announces 'Bogan Miles' Scheme to FIFO Workers

Cheap Flight Specials and Airfare Deals in Australia and Abroad | Jetstar Airlines Australia

To celebrate the arrival of Jetstar providing FIFO services to several Western Australian mine sites we are proud to announce our new frequent flyer scheme called 'Bogan Miles".

Workers who transit on Jetstar aircraft as part of their FIFO contracts will be eligible to receive points towards their next trip to Bali, Thailand or the Gold Coast and special discounts on accommodation when booking through the Jetstar website.

A Jetstar spokeswoman has confirmed that Jetstar FIFO services will be scheduled to provide seamless connection for those workers connecting onto our Bali, Thailand and Gold Coast flights in Perth and a worker checking his bags in at the mine site will be able to check them all the way through to their international destination.

For a small fee any FIFO worker will be able to join the new loyalty program and earn points towards their next Jetstar experience.

Methinks this may usher in a new era of FIFO contracts and the stuffy, sterile services we've seen for many years may soon be replaced by a multitude of orange stared aircraft criss crossing the country in support of our important mining industry and the men and women who drive it