PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2014, 15:12
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BHX

FRatSTN

It still amazes me how the Midlands is virtually an Orange desert. I know it has been discussed to death in respect of BHX fees compared to say Southend and other airports but with Ryanair down-sizing (looking like three based permanently now) and Monarch seemingly shrinking (although that could change) leaving flybe as they only non-charter airline expanding.

I know it was never a BHX v Southend competition when the Southend base opened, as they are completely different markets and will have a different charges structure but as a BHX local it did make you think why the two parties (BHX/U2) could not find some common ground.

Obviously Luton is not too far from BHX and catchments do overlap but the sheer size of these should be able to support a base at each (ZB and FR do on a smaller scale).

This year easy are starting BHX-GVA one week earlier and added and extra Friday flight and maintained their BFS frequency at least until the end of March when it reduces slightly but that is as good as it gets.

Pete