PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dublin: 2 x RYR in contact during taxi. Both damaged.
Old 10th Oct 2014, 16:02
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is genuine concern amongst Pilots about the overall age and experience level of the Ryanair crew's. Ryanair have never put this one to bed. They put to bed on-time arrival, loss of luggage etc. but not this
And there's some pilots who are in there 50s and 60s with tens of thousands of hours who are crap. Experience counts for nothing when you aren't using it properly or remain clueless in its use. Equally you can have a bad day, regardless of who's piece of metal you're flying. Additionally, there's plenty of reports out there where guys who have flown next to everything doing something considerably more eyebrow raising than hitting a winglet against a horizontal stabiliser at an airport with a notoriously bad layout.

I'm willing to bet this wasn't a new Captain / line released cadet combo at DUB; however I feel that's completely irrelevant in this matter. I know nothing of who it was but what I do know is that FR has both inexperience and a high level of experience, like many airlines. It also has a pretty decent safety record that is upheld by well trained, diligent crew. Keep the hatred of all things O'Leary elsewhere.