PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2014, 21:59
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Wuss new (old) aviation policy - Aviation to be bone-yarded.

Strange Dichotomy

Yesterday miniscule Wuss in a very longwinded spiel......to the SEGRA (Sustainable Economic Growth for Regional Australia) conference in Alice Springs did not once mention the dreaded "A" words (i.e. aviation, airports or aircraft)... But then in the five short paragraphs contained within his conclusion he mentions the "A" words no less than ten times...: Keynote Address: SEGRA 2014 Connecting Matters
Conclusion

For those in the crowd who may not be aware, Alice Springs Airport is now home to Australia's first aircraft storage facility.

It is an exciting step for aviation in Australia and is the first Asia-Pacific based alternative to the Mojave Desert in California and Arizona's 840-hectare Pinal Airpark for airlines with aircraft based or operating throughout our region.

Australian-based company Asia Pacific Aircraft Storage and Northern Territory Airports management are to be congratulated on the development which will be able to accommodate up to 250 to 300 aircraft.
The latest arrivals are, I understand, a Qantas 767 and four Airbus single-aisle planes from Tigerair Singapore.

Not only has this facility created jobs during construction but will continue to generate local jobs in terms of aircraft maintenance and the like, but I think I can safely say that it will be yet another popular tourist destination for visitors to the Red Centre.

Thank you.
Hmm...much like the government's hunt for remote landholders that have available & applicable land for a nuclear waste dump, maybe some enterprising regional airports, or even farmer Joe, should consider following the lead of APAS/NTA...

Safe skies are empty skies & safe airports are aircraft boneyards...

MTF...

Last edited by Sarcs; 8th Oct 2014 at 22:11.