PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blackpool Thread
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2014, 18:27
Ballymoss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I seem to recall Silverhawk deleting the original Blackpool thread by accident whilst having a 'clear out'. Shame he's done it again, and a little hasty IMO as the place is still very much open for business until the 15th.

Perhaps this thread should be retittled BLACKPOOL-3 so as to allow the peeps to debate the future as it unfolds. Much talk locally about interested parties, but it was never going to happen in a week. Let the dust settle post 15th and a clearer picture of the future may appear. Whether Ernest et al will be able to fly to those sun spots again will not be known for some time.

Don't lay the blame at anyones door, it just wasn't viable in its current form in this current economy, and indeed may never be. Doesn't stop people exchanging rumours and news on this forum though

Rgds
The Moss

P.S. I have to agree with all those who have said Jet2 have handled this well. I was due to fly 19th, received my revised flt details 15 minutes before the announcement and 45 minutes before their other email telling me that BLK was closing and alternative arrangements would be offered...