PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blackpool Thread
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2014, 14:31
Ernest Lanc's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Note that Jet2 has done even more than their status report says, regarding
car parking for BLK passengers moved to MAN.
Yes I have been given a number of options, once I receive the e mail on the 14th.

Remember that Jet2 were cutting frequency by 10% at BLK and want to keep BLK passengers using Jet2 at MAN.

I see the Gazette harping on how the pax numbers fell from 500,000 to it's current level, we all know that was mainly dues to FR being driven out.

ADF was a good idea - being it could only be used for outbound, not very clever with Free parking.

Got rid of FR and could not have generated that much cash.

Nobody comes out of this with credit and that includes Blackpool council.

There have been calls by some to have the £10 ADF returned, well that won't happen and the only people who had a reason to try, were those not using the free parking. Maybe the government could have helped here also.

I am really sad BLK has shut - Well as an International Airport anyway.

I personally do not come out to bad financially - I have cancelled my travel insurance and have got a new quote, saving some money as when I take that up, cancellation won't really be needed.

I lose £90 in taxi fare, no way am I driving to MAN. So really unlike the poor airport workers, I don't lose.

Jet2 listened to what I had to say and my needs, so they have treat me well thus far.

The original thread has gone, well so has the airport - No longer relevant. This thread is better, it's what happens in the future such as GA matters and Citywing. And who knows in the future.

I do know one thing and this is aimed at Blackpool council - You may have a new hotel costing millions, Southend and other seaside towns, have an airport - Blackpool has taken a step backward. Reflects badly on the town, how this has been handled. LCC - It affected them also. They did nothing either.

One last barb - I have read comments on Trip Adviser and other sites, and read - "I never knew there was an airport at Blackpool" says it all.