PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet DEC Gatwick?
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2014, 13:18
mesh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pitot, please don't put words into my mouth that fit with your own beliefs. Lets go through your points,

"MESH "The ridiculous tests" as you put it are to weed out those who would not fit in to the company culture"

How does steering yourself through a hole in a tube or stating where an NDB beacon is in relation to you let you know how a candidate will fit into company culture?

"You should remember that DEC is a contentious issue and those coming in should have clear skills and attitudes that will allow them to be credible DEC candidates both for our robust training system and in the eyes of our FO cadre particularly those who feel they have been disadvantaged"

I agree they should be credible candidates! Did I say otherwise? Are you saying Monarch captains whon't be? Or are you saying that we don't have a robust training system?

"Unlike M we operate the Airbus in a much more level manner with our SOPs giving PF much more responsibility, particularly on the ground (obviously still under the ultimate discretion of the Captain). Any DEC will have to accept this SOP, not so easy to do for some characters"

So now you are inferring that Monarch pilots that apply will have a problem with letting you taxi or start an engine, is that right? I happen to know that most will love the idea of levelling the amount of all so important taxying and FADEC operation up.

"Numerically the numbers required are not that many so we will be very picky"

And so you should be, did I say differently? Did I say standards should be lowered to let us in?

"As for your rather confusing post it seems to initially say that there will not be that many interested because of the poor T & Cs then conclude with stating those with the opportunity to move would be mad not to"

Don't be confused Pitot, you are right I did say not many will not be interested due to the T's and C's on offer. Poor was your word....all I meant was they certainly aren't any better or by enough to make a shed load of 8 year captains run for Easy. I make reference to "not applying would be mad" in that I don't believe we will be around much longer. To not apply everywhere would be foolish. So just in case of further confusion...some whon't apply because the new package at M is not much different to E, however I think they should just in case we go bust....sorry but can't think of any easier way to put it...pardon the pun.....

" In any case best wishes to all at Monarch, I sincerely hope their new strategy will work and they continue to be a worthy competitor.
To those thinking of applying to easyJet in either seat I am sure you will find a warm welcome for you wherever you are based"

Pitot, I don't know you but I'm sure some do on this forum. I would say though that you come over as an Easy FO that has had a no for some reason on the LHS front. If others get it then you should look at why, have a good look in the mirror and work to be more like them, its not hard. We have heard about some FO's leaving Easy with a bad attitude to come join M...I guess some stayed!