PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Salary
Thread: Qatar Salary
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2014, 05:21
casablanca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes there is a confirmed annual leave ticket anywhere you want to go on the Qr system and will be upgraded if space available....depending where you live though it still adds up.
I have a family of 6 and need to do a minimum of 2 flights after arriving at a QR destination which is a minimum 2500$. This probably only affects a small group of people though.
I saw an add for Hainan airlines looking for 747 captains- $350 net after taxes and commuting contract I think. Hopefully If the Ebola crisis or any other crisis doesn't get out of control, this minor pilot shortage will put some pressure on them to improve.....or is that just wishful thinking!

Despite some of the negative opinions that I have read on here; I personally have had a very good and positive experience at QR. Every place in the world has issues and inflation, However Doha is now the most expensive city in Middle East and has the highest inflation, so every year is going to be a pay cut. I think they (management) are trying to address this but like any corporation it will be hard to sell this idea to the bean counters.