PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2014, 06:11
thorn bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"25 years, AUD $230,000,000 all for naught;"

An Embarrassment?? I'd call it Corrupt misuse of public money

"This transformation, Clark says, is not necessary only because it will produce better safety performance at airline level, but because national aviation authorities will face a resources crisis, and regulator/ airline co-operation is the only way to meet regulatory needs in a growing industry."

It could be said that CAsA are already scraping the bottom of the gene pool finding anyone competent to fill positions in regulatory oversight.

Plenty of lawyers out there, but anyone with knowledge and experience in operations or maintenance are getting hard to find even for the industry.

I cant remember where I saw it but I think I read somewhere that the average age of LAME's was now in the fifties.

CAsA harassment and bullying is a massive impediment to anyone half way competent accepting a CP or Check and training role.

Both are poisoned challises with the very real threat of finishing your career as a "Not a Fit and Proper Person" with a felony conviction which puts paid to ever escaping from the madhouse aviation has become in Australia.

CAsA is already finding it difficult to recruit and as the industry dies, even harder. The inordinate length of time it takes them to approve anything is an impediment to investment, along with the capital risk, when the whole business can be pulled out from under you on the whim of a Wabbit, or FOI.

The regulations as they are, are an invitation to corruption. How long before their standard excuse, "We are sorry for the delay, we do not have the resources available at the moment to process your application" is followed by...." however for a small incentive I may be able to move you to the head of the queue."

If it isn't already happening.

Last edited by thorn bird; 5th Oct 2014 at 06:22. Reason: Finding more brown paper bags