PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 29th Sep 2014, 16:07
Geebz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a friend who was, until recently, a senior A330 Capt. He left QR for a job pays half what he was making in QR. Says a lot about the Qatari lifestyle, which obviously he had enough of by this point.

Regarding the PSA/ Hogan test. What a BS test. My airline uses that for new-hires after HR took the hiring process away from Flt Ops. Nearly every applicant I have helped get an interview didn't pass the Hogan test. These are high-time all-around good guys (15,000+ hrs/ 12,000 PIC). I don't put my name behind many pilots but the ones I do recommend are just the type you want to fly a 3 or 4 day trips with, yet the PSA test states they are "unqualified".

One question I remember an applicant telling me: "When you get on an elevator, where should you stand?" WTF?

Meanwhile, a buddy of mine who has passed every Hogan test ever given to him, studied how to pass it prior to taking it and admitted he worked the system to pass it... IOW, the test is complete BS.