PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vh-gke
Thread: Vh-gke
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2003, 08:42
Torres

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah, you're right, I'm wrong. GKE became SEP, not GKP! It had a Sorrenson pump and spray booms installed, but the rig was not really successful and the aircraft was not used in the ag role after the C188 arrived.

At one stage Junior wanted to put SEP on a pole at Goroka Airport! I wonder how many hours that aircraft has on it now?

"VH-GKE was a Dornier Do-27 purchased in March 1961" Junior was influenced by Biship Leo Arkfeldt in Wewak. The D0-27 was a failure.

Most of the registrations changed around the late 1970's to the SE_ (single engine), GK_ (twin piston), IS_ (Bongo vans) and RD_ (twin turbine) as by that time we had various registrations from Wewak Air Services (?) C402 SAB, C206 KRO etc, ****** MK_ series, TAA TG_ series. I did the listing of new registrations and Keith Devers did the registration and documentation changes with DCA.

The last Dragon, VH-AON left in August 1958, flown to Australia by Dick Cresswell. A Fox Moth survived in the Goroka hangar until the early 1960's, but never flew and ended up on the Goroka tip (along with a rather famous Meschersmitt - the three wheel car, not Helli's 109!)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, dear, PPRuNe censorship! The ****** above is M A C A I R, a Paua New Guinea air charter company which was based in Lae until taken over by Talair in 1976. The ****** does not relate in any way to a company in Australia with a similar name, which seems to be very sensitive about being named in PPRuNe!

Last edited by Torres; 20th May 2003 at 08:14.