PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2014, 09:32
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A new hope or delayed embuggerance??

Update on Cooper Pedy runway width issue, from Aunty today...:
Coober Pedy flights fix sparks hope of 'better relations' between airlines and CASA

Australia's Regional Aviation Association is hoping a resolution over commercial flights to Coober Pedy is part of ongoing improvements in relations with the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA).

Last Thursday, Regional Express (Rex) reversed a decision stopping future flights to Coober Pedy after resolving issues with CASA over the width of the town's runway.

Flights will continue as normal while the runway is widened.

Regional Aviation Association CEO Paul Tyrrell says it reflects better relations with CASA, which is undergoing changes including a new board.
"I think the previous decision that was restricting Rex airlines so much that they really were finding it difficult to fly in - that was a bad decision - now there's some sense come into this," he said.

"Rex and the council, everybody has been given some time to make the surface appropriate and not stop any services.

"It couldn't have got much worse over the last five or six years and I'm not laying blame on either side, I'm just saying the relationship had broken down rather fundamentally.

"There is a new board being appointed, a new head of CASA being organised, so we're hoping for much better relations in the future."
So a new hope?? Or a vain hope??

Also noticed that this back-down by FF was stated as being a 2 year extension to the previous exemption, does this mean all strips that REX operates to that need the exemption are included??

MTF...