PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 27th Sep 2014, 06:52
Haliaeetus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few points.

The rumour about Ryanair not hiring cadets beyond age 30 is not true. I know several guys (including myself) in their 30s who have passed the assessment. Don't give up because of your age.

I got the email asking for a CV more than 12 months after applying. I had pretty much given up and was amazed that they would actually read applications that old. I don't think withdrawing and reapplying is a good idea. Why would you want to withdraw an application if there's a chance they might respond to it? If you want to push it then apply again using another email address.

I have 250 TT and completed my training 18 months ago. First time passes and good ATPL grades.

The good thing about Ryanair recruitment is that they ask for a flight school report. This can of course work for or against you. If you are still in flight school do whatever you can to convince your instructors of your professionalism. Study hard, be as prepared as humanly possible for every flight.

I have no inside information about how the report affects your chances, but I believe it really matters. Especially if it's from a school with a good reputation. The recruiters are professionals who are well aware of the fact that the assessment day does not necessarily reflect your true potential, because you are nervous and it's just one day. Your instructors, however, actually know you and what it is like to work with you, long-term. Remember, they are not looking for somebody who can show flawless assessment day performance. They want people who are easy to train and easy to work with.