PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2014, 08:01
WhyByFlier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok fair enough and thank you for your measured response. The trouble with BA's manning levels and recruitment is that they haven't yet twigged that they are no longer special. They aren't the pinnacle. Other airlines will offer a more lucrative, stable career and the amount we fly, many aren't terribly fussed about a boeing 380 or an Airbus 787 it's about money, stability and command. BA are not best on all 3 anymore. Not over a course of a career. Yet they still insist on irrelevant tests, interviews which aren't fit for purpose and a lack of weighting on the wrong attributes. Tell me is their recruitment 'closed loop'? By that I don't mean 'well we haven't had crashes, too many complaints and everyone seems ok on a night stop', I mean are these selected people measuring up against the 'stringent' required profile. How can they be sure? Have they tried relaxing their criteria for a few each batch and comparing?

Where do BA think they're going to find the right stuff? They're running out of options. They need to be flexible, adjust and get real.

As for training capacity - perhaps if it wasn't down to manager's budgets and they were again more measured it wouldn't be so tight. All or nothing it seems.