PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Emergency Landing at East Midlands
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2014, 09:04
Johnny F@rt Pants

Location: Either the back of a sim, or wherever Crewing send me.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In my experience, this is very similar for many full fare airliners
I had not any experience neither I expect such a meeting in a LCC.
At the end, everything goes down to "You get what You paid for".
I am not entirely certain what you are insinuating as your English is difficult to understand, but by my reading it appears that you "might" be insinuating that LCC operators don't do all of the preparations that you have described. If that is the case then I believe you are very much mistaken and are making a huge assumption that you cannot substantiate. I believe, certainly in the UK, that ALL operators regardless of their low fare or otherwise complete all such safety briefings and pre-flight checks of the safety equipment, and are all highly trained in it's use. So, in the UK (I have no experience anywhere else so won't generalise) you are correct, you do get what you pay for, you will ALWAYS get highly trained and professional crew who know what they have to do and when they have to do it, that includes "shoving" the door to open it to release the slide, and that most definitely will always include being shouted at in a sharp manner when required to evacuate, it tends to make people hurry up and get off, just what we want. They aren't panicking, they are doing what they are trained to do.