PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scottish Defence Force?
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2014, 19:15
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He lit the fuse.

But the bomb hasn't gone off yet, its started ticking(or hissing-you get my drift)? Federalism may yet come the islands way.
It seems logical. We as Britain's have always been up at the front, despite what some others say. Constitutional monarchy, mother of Parliaments, first Industrial Revolution going up the hill and then possibly the first to de-industrialise as well as we come down again. We often seem to show a history of firsts.
We may well be on the way to more change. I see a break up now, in the years ahead, of what we once knew as Great Britain.
I mean Brussels, the EU is the heart of Europe and the brain behind of our law and our governance now, is it not>?
Why not Federalise into semi autocratic regions but take our nod from Europe? London would be a separate very successful country in itself, and I could see in the future Scotland, Wales, Cornwall (the Cornish in particular seem to hate England, see the little flag they all fly), IOM, pre-Norman conquest Mercia, likewise pre Norman Northumberland, all re-emerging as countries or devolved regions of their own again.
We may keep a currency, a head of state and an armed force even, but I just think for a variety of reasons this sort of thing may gather apace in the next 50 years.
Call me mad, I just have a feeling the big gassy foreign-looking talking apparition thing is out of the bottle at last.
If I live long enough I may one day welcome it.