PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2014, 23:03
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disappointment.

There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded. Mark Twain.
The Canadians who continue to disappoint, delay and generally bugger about with the report into the Australian TSB; are definitely heading for group two. There are one or two concerns floating on the wind about some very murky 'doings' and Canadian cooperation with the dark forces.

For starters, they did promise to 'visit' with certain folk, once their 'team' was picked and boots were on the ground; there was an intention to look at the Senate 'stuff' and to take a broad view of the situation, despite the narrow, restrictive ToR specified. It seems none of these promises were kept; this reflected in email chains which were, initially open, cheery and friendly that changed to carefully scripted 'weasel' words, with a definite change of tone. It seems the ToR were not only to be strictly adhered to but a narrow view was to be taken on that. Disappointing.

Then there is the change of pace to consider, from the bustling 'can do' approach to the meandering, dragging of feet, snail pace we see now. Why?, I expect only the minuscules and their 'advisors' know why. The latest application of the parking brake comes in two flavours: editing and checking, then checking and editing of the edited draft of the first iteration; to be sure, to be sure: and that although divided by a common language, there are no 'technical' errors and that a 'Canadian' definition does not contradict an Australian definition. Disappointing.

Then there is the 'translation' to French to consider, lots of scope there for added delay. If the Canadians must translate the thing to French, why should that delay the 'Australian' version of the Australian ordered report being delivered to the Australian people; who paid for it. This is not a Canadian report which affects Canadian safety or has any bloody thing to do with Canada at all; barring that the Canadian TSB was asked to do it. Why not translate it into bloody Mongolian while you're at it. Disappointing.

Passing strange, the TSBC don't mess about with their own reports; there'd be hell to pay from the government, the tax payers and the aviation community; so why, in the seven hells are they playing at silly buggers with our report. Disappointing.

I regret, my respect for the TSBC is rapidly waning, day by day. I'd have thought they had more self respect. Disappointing.

Heigh ho. Anyway, it's almost not worth waiting for the wretched thing now, being as it's too late to be effective and too embuggered to be of any further practical or intrinsic value.

C'est rien que de la merde- On t'a bercé trop près du mur?

Toot toot.