PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR 2013 privatisation: the new thread
Old 17th Sep 2014, 19:54
nowherespecial

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
And to be clear, CHC is the PE backed operator, not BHL.

First Reserve (and soon CD&R) know exactly what a helicopter is. I met 2x FR PE people on a course in London last year. Both were American ex M&A Bankers, one CS and one BoAML (stop me if this gets technical) and they knew a lot about helicopters and the industry.

The business is about significantly more than just flying. If you can;t see that I seriously suggest you spend time with friends in the operating companies outside of the cockpit. You;ll be stunned.

When did it become offensive in this country to make money? There are not many industries in the world where people with no degree (me) can invest huge sums of money in their careers (licenses) and then earn £70k+ a year for working 4 days a week in an industry where people are desperate to make it as safe as is humanly possible. Touring pilots make way more and pay less tax for working 183 days a year. And CHC just agreed to pay it's pilots 45% more over the next 5 years which is great for all as the others will likely have to follow suit to keep their people from defecting.

Smell the coffee! Life is good!