PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Garish Duty Free rat runs.
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2014, 06:42
SpringHeeledJack

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
For me, whether the prices of offered goods are cheaper or not in comparison to the high street/web to be caveat emptor, apart from an impulse buy, anyone who doesn't check beforehand the likely price range is unwise. There should be a high level enquiry into the so-called 'Duty Free' status, and as mr capot says the businesses concerned might not be being totally honest with the (captive) public.

For me to be affronted by a shiny black 'Yellow Brick Road' embedded with spangly/sparkly stars that reflect back up the very strong overhead lighting to dazzle the innocent traveller and when at the beginning of said 'road' it is truly difficult to orientate the way to the central area and gates due to the winding nature of said 'road'. People LOVE to shop, and in transit areas it helps to pass the time, but more joined up thinking by airport owners would be helpful. I despair when confronted with masses of people at 06.00am shopping as though it were saturday afternoon, but I'm evidently in the minority