PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2014, 10:17
thorn bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heard the same rumour mentioned by Jinglie that VA were a tad pissed as I am told is Qantas. I have also heard the airline submissions to the "wet lettuce" review were even more scathing than GA.

It occurs to me that in the past our RPT brethren didn't much bother about CAsA imposts on their bottom line, they could just up the ticket price a few bucks to cover it. Perhaps the costs are starting to bite.

Kharon's idea of "Repcons" to the world has merit, but maybe its time for the industry associations as a whole to join together to fight this nonsense.

A joint press release from GA and the RPT industry would surely make main stream media sit up and take notice.

GA on its own, thanks to the carefully crafted spin from CAsA, the general public believes we are a bunch of homicidal maniacs, so ours is a voice in the wilderness. Qantas on the other hand is the safest airline in the world in the publics mind, they have credibility.

One thing is for sure, it would seem the bureaucrats are working hard to sweep the whole thing under the rug, and with such a weak minister are likely to win the battle, but if the industry as a whole made their views known,could the Pollies ignore it? After all it is in the Airlines interest that GA remains viable.