PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vote on "Offer"
Thread: Vote on "Offer"
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2014, 04:29
Blowback

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay shoot me down in flames if you like but
1) contract compliance will hurt them to a point , but I don't think enough to make them come back with a better offer
2) I have seen the union reject a pay offer before , We never got the offered increase , or the figure we were demanding so loose loose
3) there will always be crew who will break ranks and help out, working on G days etc , Unless we are prepared to take unified action against those individuals the effects of contact compliance will be diminished but there are ways around this
4) 4% is on the table now , for most anyway , as for those who are getting less we can fight for more later .

Take the offer, secure the pay rise , and then move immediately to Contact compliance and the old WOE campaign( withdrawal of enthusiasm ) . Combined they will be much more effective You are an intelligent group of people ,work it out for yourselves how best to achieve that goal . I don't want to put ideas down in print but I can think of any number of things to do

I understand the frustration with the offer, it sucks!! but unless you are ALL prepared to do everything that is required CC will in all probability not bring them back to the table . So why not take the increase and do CC anyway, the end result will be the same if its going to work we will secure a better deal in a few months , if it doesn't we are still 4% ahead

My 2cents worth