PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MH17 down near Donetsk
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2014, 23:15
KatSLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
silverstrata says

Regards burning, the forward fuselage section in my previous post shows evidence of inflight fire/smoke damage. The smoke staining is directionally streaked, demonstrating this was inflight. ...........

........So yes, much of the fuselage would have been on fire, after this intense heat-explosion. There is a video on line showing a burning aircraft descending from great altitude, but I have no idea if this video is genuine. The truth was the first casualty of this incident.
When quoting some outside analysts please put the link so we can take deeper look. I find it hard to believe you did that analysis, based on that single piece of wreckage, and managed to miss the thousands of other pieces of evidence giving a different picture.

a) damage on the cockpit areas is soot and blistering from a nearby high heat source eg detonating missile, NOT FROM FIRE
b) there is NO fire or even heat damage on any other parts of the plane, apart from the centre section containing the fuel, which caught fire only on impact
c) the video purporting to be MH17 falling and spinning on fire was proven to be of an Antonov transport downed 2 days earlier. This has been known since about July 20.

No other air crash in history has ever been this thoroughly photographed for public consumption. Grabbing .001% to build theories on is conspiracy theory stuff, not an attempt to seek truth.

Sadly, all operators in the area use identical equipment, so finding pieces of shrapnel etc won't answer WHO???

SLF305 asks
Is there a Ukrainian military aircraft that fires high energy fragmentation air to air missiles???
yes MIG29s look them up in Wikipedia for all the armament possibilities.

EARLY ON all parties tried to use whatever partial data they had, to blame others with. Since then they have more recent propaganda incidents, and have stopped promoting the MH17 theories.

It is time people interested in how aircraft break up drop the odd theories, too. The solution to who shot MH17 and why is geopolitical. Dragging up debunked "evidences" won't get you there.