PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MH17 down near Donetsk
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2014, 22:42
blackbird69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strange is that a SA-3 is mentioned. I would expect the tracking radar type or guidance radar type to be mentioned. And these were/are also used with other type of SAM missiles, none of them in Ukraine.

Most likely upgraded polish or so. I believe NATO mentioned already some time ago that AWACS weren't in the area at the time of the attack, so nothing news here.

This week RTLnieuws found the Head of the Ukraine recovery mission that searched and packed the bodies of the victims after the crash. In short they say that they covered 160 km2, and searched with hundreds of men, one afternoon even with 800 men. Area's were bodies had been found were searched 3 - 4 times, by different people. Recovery was completed on July 21st, 13:00 hours. They recovered 282 bodies and these were loaded in train in Torez (back section) and in the Mortuartium in Donetsk (nose section, about 40 people)

His opninion is that all body parts have been removed, and that a new mission to recover human remains is pointless.

Strangely enough they never got in contact with the dutch mission when these came to Ukraine to recover human remains.

Unfortunately in dutch:
Fouten bij Nederlandse zoektocht slachtoffers MH17 | RTL Nieuws
Hulpdiensten Oekraïne: Geen lichaamsresten meer op rampplek | RTL Nieuws

Jeroen Akkermans (known from his pictures) visited the firemen that did the recovery work and interviewed their bosses. He also made some new pictures of de debris field.
One noticeable thing is that somebody tampered with the left wing tip. It looked like some areas have been cut open, and an access panel has been openend. Check for yourself.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jeroen...s/15083315846/

From the 3 people I knew on this flight, 2 have been identified.